Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bill Moyers hits another high note

I haven't had the chance to see all of Bill Moyer's shows on PBS, but I did catch this one last night with William K. Black, Glenn Greenwald and Amy Goodman, and it is absolutely compelling. If you have any interest whatsoever with what's happened and is happening with America, please see this show.

I'm particularly excited about this show because every single word matches what I've learned and think for myself on the subjects discussed (the economy and the media). This much isn't terribly new because there are others that see what's happened and is happening, but in this interview you can feel the sense of urgency, and it's well delivered. I only wish I could deliver these same thoughts as well as they do.

I'll say that I feel comforted, because frankly I haven't had a lot of support expressing these views. Too many people I know believe the "news" and are too willing to argue endlessly over how wrong I must be to say things so contradictory to what they are seeing in print and on the TV. This has been the climate for some years now, and the arguing does wear a person down. Truth is that standing up to the propaganda machine has been the hardest thing I've ever done, and it's been very costly to relationships, so this morale booster is very well received.

See Amy Goodman's website, Democracy now and Glenn Greenwald's column here.


Bill

No comments: