Wednesday, December 31, 2008

When good people do nothing ...

For some insight into what's happening in Palestine, from Truthdig

Chris Hedges' Party to Murder

and Robert Fisk's "Leaders Lie, Civilians Die, and Lessons of History Are Ignored"

And Justin Raimondo's "Israel's Constant Crisis"


Is it time yet to say 'shame on us'?

More likely we all already feel the shame, but helpless to do anything about it.

I'm reminded of a couple I once met in my travels, who lived as kids in Dresden, Germany in the 30's, and how they wanted me to understand they really had no options as their world was controlled and then destroyed.

They, in turn, could not understand what I tried to explain to them: that the miracles of technology are being used to implement population control on a scale larger then anything they experienced. For their sake, perhaps it's just as well they didn't understand.


Bill

No comments: