Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Noam Chomsky: The Real Reasons the U.S. Enables Israeli Crimes and Atrocities

Noam Chomsky: The Real Reasons the U.S. Enables Israeli Crimes and Atrocities By Kathleen Wells

I wouldn't selectively quote from this interview because it needs to be read in it's entirety (it's not that long) to get a feel for what's being said.


PTSD

I'm sitting here with a huge pain in my ribs, having fallen - no jumped - out of bed in the middle of the night after another nightmare. This time it was a grenade that fell on the grass next to me. I had to move quickly, and I did - out of the bed and onto the floor, with a crash the woke me right up - and in pain.

I wouldn't say this happens all the time, but I've noticed a pattern. It seems whenever I'm "riled" about something, the odds are greatest that night I'll have one of these nightmares. What riles me? America's behavior, at home and abroad. I simply can't believe what I'm seeing. It makes me feel terrible, and my psyche reacts with these nightmares.

When I returned from Vietnam and was discharged from the Marine Corps in 1970, I had no way of knowing at the time that so many years later I'd be in this position. I guess it either took that long for the whole thing to sink in, or current events added to it with the results I'm seeing and feeling today.

In any case, it's terrible.


Lock 'Em Up By MICHAEL YATES

Justice, no INjustice, is what this article is all about.

And I wonder why my psyche is so revolted.


Bill











Bill

No comments: