From The Wall Street Criminals Are Still Running Free, Stealing Billions
1.Why isn't Bernie Madoff behind bars?
2.Why hasn't Congress thrown Roland Burris out of the Senate on his lying ass?
3.Why hasn't Fitzgerald reeled in Blago yet, instead of letting him run around giving interviews and signing book contracts?
4.Why hasn't the Attorney General Holder filed scores of civil recovery actions to reclaim for taxpayers the billions in excess salary and bonuses pocketed by the people who lost/squandered the life savings of millions of Americans?
5.Why hasn't Congress or the administration introduced and passed legislation requiring the above?
6.Why haven't Wall Street wheeler dealers who got us into this mess been fired and/or indicted instead of bailed out?
7.Why is it that only ordinary citizens are feeling the full impact of the chaos these movers and shakers caused?
In short, why are the very people whose actions ignited a worldwide depression still sitting pretty, at least compared to their victims? (That would now include taxpayers.)
I don't know about you, but I want the administration and Congress to do two things at once; start repairing the damage cause by hurricane Bush, and punish the few -- maybe as few as 100 -- individuals, like Mazillo, Madoff, Sanford et al, who aided, abetted and profited at the expense of everyone else.
Missing from this short list:
8. Why isn't Bush and the Neocon gang on trial for murder and war crimes?
9. Why are we still feeding the Israel war machine? A Gaza story
10. Why haven't we busted up the "too big to fail" empires, so they aren't too big to fail?
11. Why haven't we busted up the handful of media empires who've suckered us into that war (which is NOT over!)?
12. Why haven't we removed the influence of Big Money from the election process?
13. How can we live with ourselves when over a billion people don't even have potable water? One example